Re: Heads

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heads
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:38:24 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Larry, list,

The advantage of the aluminium head is the big weight saving it produces,
especially useful since this is so far at the front of the car.  The second
advantage of the aluminium head is that since it will run cooler the engine
can be run with a higher compression ratio which will: produce more power,
better fuel economy and work better with a performance cam.

Probably APT will produce the best performance head.

For myself I am saving up for an APT head which will cost a packet as I will
have to pay UK taxes and customs duty on it.  If I can afford it and bear to
wait, I would have an aluminium head and let APT do the porting, build, etc
on it.

Daniel 1312

In a message dated 27/09/99 19:19:14 GMT Daylight Time, millerls@ado13.com