Re: Possibility of fuel line primer?

To: "John C. Gottstein" <gottstein@erols.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Possibility of fuel line primer?
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:03:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You are asking for trouble if that bulb was to be placed where you could
reach it from the driver's seat. Fuel line in the passenger compartment is
not a good idea IMO. Even if the bulb is in the engine compartment, it's
just one more leak source.

At 2:49 PM -0400 9/27/99, John C. Gottstein wrote:
> Hi,
>    My car takes a long time to start after sitting a while, because the fuel
> drains back out of the fuel line.  I bought an electric fuel pump which I
> didn't put in yet to replace my mechanical one, but I just realized that
> boat engines have these primer bulbs that you squeeze to get the gas
> flowing.  Would that work on my fuel line, or am I just asking for trouble?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision