Re: 1380

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1380
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:19:02 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Hanna, Mark" wrote:

> Hi Ulix ,
> Did you ever get your 1380cc running ? How do you like it ?
> Mark Hanna
> AN5

Ummmmhhhh, let's see.  How do I say this.
I have made very close to zero progress in the last couple of months.
The block with crank and pistons installed and the complete head are in
my basement untouched.
The car is outside and I need to paint the engine compartment.  I have
worked on that some.
I need to do a little more degreasing, then some sanding and then
hopefully use the last couple of warm days for priming and painting.  If
I can get that done before it gets cold and rainy, I am in good shape.

The damn Fiat has been taking all my time.  It was one of the
centerpiece display cars in this year's Concorso Italiano in Monterey
(100 years of Fiat), so I had a lot of work to do on it to get it up to
snuff.  Plus, there are 2 dual Webers waiting to be installed and you
see, that is so much more fun than scraping an engine compartment.

My problem has always been that I tend to work on the car I drive,
rather than the one that needs the work!

I lust for driving the Sprite though, so I really plan to get going on
it again.
Maybe I should by Frank C. a plane ticket.  He would have my car back on
a the road in a day!
--
http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9