Front Panel Assembly

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Panel Assembly
From: "Brent & Tatiana \"Monito\" Wolf" <brent.wolf@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 15:10:19 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
How is the front panel assembly removed from a 76 Midget?  Mine appears to
be bolted and spot welded.

Another question and the why I want to remove the front panel assembly -
Just in front of the radiator cowling is part of the front panel assembly
that seems to form a nice bowl for collecting dirt, leaves, water (no drain
holes that I could find on what is left). This part kinda of sloops up into
the radiator cowling which then continues to sloop up into the radiator.  As
you can probably tell, I either need to replace that bowl piece of
sheetmetal or, cut it out.  What purpose does this bowl serve? Is it just to
catch all the dirt, leaves, water, etc. I can not see where it provided any
structural support, at best it is preventing air flow from under the car
into the radiator.

One more thing.  When removing the radiator expansion tank I noticed a brace
that goes from where the radiator expansion tank mounts on the fender
well/frame down to the top of the shock.  There is not one on the other
side, and there does not appear to be a place for one to be mounted.  What
is the purpose of this bracket and should there be one on the other side.

Thanks for your assistance.

Brent
76 Midget (Still No Name)