CLUTCH PROBLEM..(a bit urgent

To: <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Subject: CLUTCH PROBLEM..(a bit urgent
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 17:29:41 -0400
Cc: <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Andy, one  thing that comes to mind is that the driven disc may be
installed backwards.  If this occurs the diaphragm spring may bottom on the
driven plate centre  before you get full travel and it won't release. I
have had this happen and once had a rebuilt Borg and Beck unit which was
labelled "flywheel side" on the wrong side.  I don't remember who rebuilt
it.

Fred

>Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 02:54:12 GMT
>From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
>Subject: CLUTCH PROBLEM..(a bit urgent)

>greetings,
>My brother has come down from sydney to melbourne to pick up his sprite. He
>decided to change his clutch plate, so yesterday we pulled the motor and
>installed a new one. No other changes were made.
>PROBLEM: the pedal is a lot stiffer than it was and the clutch is not
>disengaging,i.e you can't select a gear,it just crunches.
>He's supposed to be driving back up to Sydney today so any tips will be
>greatly appreciated.
>Andy

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario, Canada