Re: squeaky springs

To: "Craig P Carter" <craig@papillon.its.yale.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: squeaky springs
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:28:42 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
1. WD40 is useless in this application. For longer term effect I've used
the 'Never Seize' stuff from Penrite. It is like a grease with a high copper
content. It is magic stuff. I always had problems with my trailer pins
rusting
in place. I wiped them with this stuff and 2 years later, they still slide
in and out
freely. The trailer is left outside (shed is full of spridgets!). WD40 is
*not* a
lubricant. It is a water dispersant. It has poor lubricating properties and
will
off almost immediately.

2. Are you sure it is the springs and not bushes? If really is the springs,
then
check the bolts on the spring support plate (The hat that bolts onto the
a-arm).
Maybe it is a little loose and is allowing the spring to move around a
little. If it is
the bushes, the WD40 will be making it worse. Use lithium grease which you
can buy in pressure pack cans.

Mike