Re: Overheating 1500 Midget

To: <KGROWLER@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overheating 1500 Midget
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 18:51:37 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Coolant expanding into the overflow tank and being pulled back into the
radiator is a natural occurance.  Since the air coming out of the heater is
cool, I am wondering if the lead to your electric temperature gauge has worn
the insulation off of the wire and is coming in contact with a direct
ground, causing the gauge to "read" hot, when the temp is actually fine.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon