Re: auto-stick

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: auto-stick
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 10:21:15 EDT
Cc: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The Buick one was "Dynaflow."  Really was anything but!  This was their
answer to the GM Hydra-Matic that had neck snapping shifts between gears.
 I think Hydra-matic came out in the 1939 Oldsmobiles first.  Looonnng
time ago!

Chrysler also had manual transmissions with a fluid coupling.  It used
whatever gear you stuck it in and an overdrive to acheive two speed
operation.  Had a clutch, too!

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com