Re: Last year of the Mk. IV?

To: Jim Algar <JamesA@hi-torque.com>
Subject: Re: Last year of the Mk. IV?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:35:56 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jim Algar wrote:

> A question for the list:

Jim

I have owned and sold and parted more 69 Sprites then any other year
Spridget. All were made in 1969 or close like Aug of 68 (69 model year
in the US) All 69 Sprites had 3 windshield wipers, all 68 Sprites only
had 2 wipers. This makes for an easy on the spot check.
I have never seen a 70 Sprite, I did havce a 70 Midget, no black sills
and it still had the big bumpers. I think split bumpers started in 71.
Again I am refering to model year not manufacture year.
Another change in 1970 was the side marker lights inplace of side marker
reflectors.

--
 Frank
"Drive it Like You Stole it"