Re: Fuel pump sure works well...

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump sure works well...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:57:43 -0400
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> I took the Midget out for a few moments this evening, and came across an
> irritating problem.  The fuel pump, which normally clicks 4-5 times prior to
> starting up, wouldn't stop.  Fuel was getting into the carbs, since I was
> abe to start the motor and drive around the block, but the smell of gasoline
> was prominent in the engine bay and cockpit.

Sounds like the floats need a shot with a hammer.
If this does not fit a stuck float then it's time for new float jets or
at least take them apart and give them a shot of carb cleaner.
First give them a tap with a SMALL hammer, if they do not stop leaking,
undo the 3 screws on top, with pliers pull out the pin holding the float
to the housing, unscrew the needle and seat, clean real good with carb
cleaner and see if it helps. New seats are prety cheap, I know some
places only sell whole rebuild kits but others have just the float
seats.

--
 Frank
"Drive it Like You Stole it"