Re: Intsrument Panel

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intsrument Panel
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:42:50 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank,

Can I take a stab at this one for Jay?

"Offer Up"

A reference used throughout 'offical BMC manuals when reassembly
of parts are necessary.  Most often used translation stated for
this term is; presenting, matching, lining up, and/or putting one
part (A) to fixed part(B) in the process of assembly.

However, using BMC publication # 666/D, a dealer only
publication, one will see that the term 'offer up' really means
that prior to reassembly of most difficult parts a sacrifice or
offering as an act of worship or devotion is required.  Without
such the secondary meaning given, "an attempt or endeavor doomed
to failure" will prevail!

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye, "Kermit'
'62 Sprite, 'Ole Gray'