Mazda rear end

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Mazda rear end
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:50:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
<The bolt pattern of the 1st gen is 4 x 100mm, >

Listers,

I have run both BMW and Opel 100mm wheels on a stock Minor with good
results - I've also seen Fiat or Alfa 98mm wheels on Minors - These will
only work with standard steel wheels and tapered lugnuts as the tapers take
up the difference.  From what I undestand, the Fiat wheel pattern is a
skosh too small and the Germans are a bit too wide. Can any of you
engineering types out there verify this?  Alloy wheels with insert lugnuts
are more precise and will not work at all. How about the width of the Mazda
third member in stock form???

Cheers,
Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA