Re: Another Bonneville Flats item

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another Bonneville Flats item
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:57:09 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Pretty cool....

I haven't meet Craig Breedlove but I hung out with Andy Green (Thrust 1st
vehicle to go Mach on the ground) at Bville last year as he was trying to
get the MG ready.... or should I say a crew with White jackets were
Preparing the car.... (never did make a Pass) This MG was set up to run
300mph as I recall.... and Andy was lots of fun... He and I are both Pilots
and had a blast talking about some of the exchange Pilots I had flown with.
 You talk about wild now those folks are Pure O D crazy.... strap your
nappy butt to a Jet engine and away you go..... Nahhh I ain't the sharpest
Pencil in the box but I am not that ignorant.

Keith Turk

----------
> From: Charles D. Sorkin <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
> To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Another Bonneville Flats item
> Date: Friday, October 15, 1999 4:59 AM
>
> Dear List:
>
> Since the land speed items have been cropping up on the list, I thought
this
> might be interesting to folks.  I saw this item on a "This Day in
History"
> feature.
>
> <<<  October 15, 1964 The Longest Skid Marks on Record
>
> While trying to set a new one-mile land speed record, Craig Breedlove
> inadvertently set another kind of record after he lost control of the
Spirit