noise

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: noise
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:49:57 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Does anyone but me get an annoying rattly noise when they back off the
accelerator?
I've had 3 engines now and the noise has persisted.
It sounds what you would expect,say the thin metal vac-advance tube rattling
against the radiator shroud to sound like.
It only happens when I let the power off.
Pinging should happen under acceleration yeah? (not sure of this as I still
havent learned exactly what knocking sounds like)
I'm starting to think it's not even engine related as its happened with
every motor.
It definitely comes from forward of the cockpit
Suggestions anybody?
Andy