RE: Tach drive

To: "'Ron Soave'" <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Tach drive
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:58:25 -0600
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Ron ,
My car will have an alternator. I would like to use the stock Bugeye tach. I
was thinking of driving the tach directly from a jack shaft attached to an
appropriately sized pulley.  Say 1/3rd the diameter of the main crank
pulley. This way I would not need a gear box. Or do I have this backwards ,
i.e. the tach has to turn 3 times as fast as the crank ? I haven't spent any
time on the problem yet. I will be very interested in what you come up with
.
Mark Hanna
AN5