Re: Tach drive

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Tach drive
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:25:12 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ron, list,
   At the All British Meet in Los Angeles a couple of weekends ago, I
met a gentleman who owns a couple of restored Mercedes, including a
Gullwing!  Strange as it seems, he has a penchant for Bugeyes also.  We
exchanged phone numbers at that time due to my mentioning that I
recently bought a restored Judson Supercharger from George Folchi, but
did not have his number or any info with me.  I promised to contact him
later.  During a very interesting conversation that lasted for over an
hour, for some reason the tach drive generator came up.  He said he has
rebuilt his gear reduction drive many times.  He said he gets the gears
from some supply house like Grange.  I just don't remember this late at
night.  I will call him in the next day or so and press for more info
and post it to the list.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
00 Ford F-150