Re: noise be gone..list rambling

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: noise be gone..list rambling
From: "Brent, Tatiana & Monito Wolf" <brent.wolf@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:17:27 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Seems like as good as place as any to input my two cents.  I have been
wondering the same things myself lately. I came to my own conclusions:  If I
wanted a chat room - I would go to one. If I wanted technical help (from
strangers) I could find that too or read a book. I am not a member of an
official club yet. I say yet because I just bought the car I have wanted
since High School (a long time ago) and I am restoring it my way. I don't
know if I will join an official club only time will tell.

I do a lot of lurking on the list, but I read most of the input. By reading
the input I feel I get to know the sender a little bit.  Sometimes I delete
as fast as I read, but that is my choice. If I am interested - I read it, if
not, one key to delete. Having little experience with these cars I have
little input for specific advice, but I sure have a lot of questions. And to
ever question I have asked, I recieve multiple constructive advice almost
immediately. (Even the hammer advice helps.  I am also one of the persons
that keep calibrated hammers in his tool box.) I can even tell you which
size screwdriver to use to unstick which type of carburator float).

I admit I first came to this list for information about my car and for some
help when stuck.  What I have recieved is much much more than that. I
recieve all of the information I need, but I also recieve enjoyment. A lot
of enjoyment from this list.  I said above that I may never join an official
club, but I have join an unofficial club.  This CLUB.  I mean look at the
events that have occurred or are occurring.  The bash at Elizabeths. This
started if I remember as just an off remark if I remember. But with
everyones comments and inputs, it actually looks like it will be a blast.  I
followed every day the track across country that I think Frank made. (Sorry
if I didn't get the right name - I not very good at remembering names) But I
actually look forward to the next report and to how it was going.   The true
sympathy when someones car is injured (and yes even the smart *ss remarks -
they help relieve the tension) these all show me The Club. If this isn't a
club - then please define one for me.

And just like everywhere else and everything else - different people have
different opinions and your not going to change them.   I admit that most of
you I probably will never meet, but if I ever needed any help guess where I
would turn. And vice versa - my house, tools, advice (what little good it
is ) and my help are always available.

Just had to put in my two cents worth.

Brent
76 Midget (More pieces than yesterday)