Re: Block

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Block
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 02:04:01 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
1098's had aluminum tags too, stamped "1100". The tag is mounted just
forward of the fuel pump location. As I recall, they can be found with both
the opening for the fuel pump and also with the casting closed. Usually one
stud in the pump location. If the flywheel and clutch is stil on it, 1098's
use a different and noticeably larger (deeper) friction plate. Number
embossed on the block below the drain cock is 12A497.

Gerard

At 8:07 PM -0700 10/24/99, Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:
>Thanks for all the answers.
>
>1. It has side covers.
>
>2. No hole for a fuel pump. But there is a hole with a screw in it about
>where the left hand stud for the pump would be.
>
>3. It has a bump to the left of where the pump would be but no tag and no
>hole for a screw or rivet
>
>4. There is nothing stamped on the block relating to engine size, only MOWOG
>and various numbers in various places.
>
>5. The engine id tag is long gone.
>
>This was from Crash
>"If there is no fuel pump cut out then it would be a "big main" 1098."
>
>This sounds like it may be the answer.
>
>I've been looking in OSM and have not found anything yet.
>
>Larry Miller

If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... then you
probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A