Re: SU rebuild question

To: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: SU rebuild question
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:53:40 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Justin,
     Frank is correct.  The needle should be flush with the bottom face
of the piston, but this depends on which type of needle you have.
According to the original Sprite workshop manual, if you have a needle
with a 90 degree angle off the "shank" (the part that goes into the
piston) that meets the taper, this 90 degree face should be flush with
the bottom of the piston.  If you have a needle with an angled
transition from the shank to the taper, the end of the taper should be
flush with the bottom of the piston. Hope this helps.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
00 Ford F-150
99 Mercedes E320W