Cruising in the Midget (was: Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together) )

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cruising in the Midget (was: Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together) )
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:52:04 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> Speaking of Midgets......2,000 Miles? You must be nuts!!!! I drove ours
the
> other day, got on the freeway and got to 50 miles and hour........with the
> biggest 18 wheeler on my behind and decided I did not like the looks of
his
> axles........looking at me....and jumped right back off.....and shook my
> head and wondered....would it have gotten to 65?

>From my house in coastal North Carolina to Watkins Glen, NY and back, with
my usual meandering route,  is 1700 miles.  I have done this the last three
years in a row in my Midget, going up for the vintage car races.   Some part
of this is on interstate highways, out of absolute necessity, but as much as
possible is done on the beautiful roads of this country.  I think the people
who try to get from point A to point B only by driving an SUV on the
interstate are nuts.  This year, I discovered PA 287 from Tioga to Jersey
Shore - Wow!

My Midget will cruise happily at 65 on the interstates.  The trucks and
SUVs?  I just let 'em pass me.  One nice thing about driving the Midget on
interstates  is that I don't have to worry about getting boxed in by people
loafing in the passing lane.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain