Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together)

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together)
From: "Brent, Tatiana & Monito Wolf" <brent.wolf@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:01:03 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Now this leads me to a guestion.   What is your RPMs when you are doing 90
mph?  I have/had the same feelings about "pushing" it beyond 60.  I am used
to 2200 rpm at 55 and when I am dong 60 at 3400 rpm. I think that is a
little high.

Are these engines designed as high reving engines.  Is it considered normal
to run at say 4000 to 4500 rpm?  My Drivers handbook does say to operate
between 2000 and 4500 rpm. It also says for short periods between 5500 to
6300 and that 6300 is the end of the safe operating range. The red sector is
the danger zone ( my red sector starts at 6500).  There is also a note that
says to avoid hard pulls at low engine speeds as this will have detrimental
effects on the engine.

So by limiting my driving to say under 3000, am I doing detrimental effects
to my engine. The concept of running normally around 4000 is not foriegn to
me, but it is not normal for the vehicles I am used to driving.?