Re: chat?

To: Metallian6@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: chat?
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:28:26 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/29/99 12:47:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Metallian6@aol.com writes:

<< Ok guys, this is the first time I heard of a chat room where the list
members
 meet. Do you meet in the room titled "Newbies"? >>

The Chat Room is on Mirc and the room is named PDLJMPR.  While the room seems
to be open at any time, we used to meet in there on Thursday evenings.  I
dont know if there were ever an official starting time.  I always wondered
why it wasnt possible to go there at any time to find someone hanging out,
sort of like a clubroom.  But we had always arranged to meet there on
Thursdays.  Over the past couple of months on the occasions I went there I
found no one there.   Not wanting to be accused of talking to myself, and
being a bit bored with my conversation, I left.

As far as how to get on Mirc?   There are others here who are better at
telling you that than I.   I think the last time I registered for it,  I
typed Mirc into my web browser and got there by following instructions there.
 But the room is named PDLJMPR.

---David C.