Towbars>was Rotten Tops and Tonneaus

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "enapay@webtv.net" <enapay@webtv.net>
Subject: Towbars>was Rotten Tops and Tonneaus
From: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 11:37:29 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
 I spoke with the girl who was looking into the material situation for
making the tops and tonneau covers and she says that she has gotten the
samples in. I need to go look at the thickness and the backing quality
before going any farther with this. The general rule of thumb is that it
is cheaper in quantity so a roll of black material will make a cover of
a lesser price than a cover of another color as the material will have
to be bought to make just this one color. I am not yet sure of the cost
of a roll of material but will let the group know when I find out. List
question of the colors of tonneau, what colors would be sought other
than black? White, Red, Navy Blue, if there was enough requests for a
particular color perhaps a  roll could be bought to keep the costs
comparable with the black tonneau.

Next Question: Has anyone ever heard of a towbar for our cars?  I
inherited a homebuilt job when I bought the 68 and in preparation of
Spridgetstock 2000 my friend David and I need to redesign it and make a
new and better model in case Lord Lucas decides to strike along the way.
Would anyone want me to take pictures and sketch plans as we go so that
we may pass this information along to the list members? The one we have
bolts up in the place of the front bumper mounts on the pre-RB cars ( I
don't know if the RB's have the same mounts still included) I have towed
cars 200 miles at a time with this crude set-up and thought that maybe
with a new and improved set-up we could lure more participants into the
Spridgetstock if they had a way to bring their cars without having to
drive them the whole way (Frank, you will have to drive the whole way,
it's a matter of principle<G>). You could tow your car behind your
support vehicle for rest breaks and such as needed. All that needs to be
removed to put this on the car is the bumper and the mounts. Let me know
what you think, flame suit on,      Brad