A little help...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A little help...
From: "Eric Russell" <redhotsprite@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:58:57 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a 1968 AH Sprite I am trying to bring back from the dead. Almost
everything was missing except the engine and transmission...so I have been
buying parts and trying to get it in one whole system piece. A couple of
questions for you experts. Chiltons tells me to replace 1 Spark Plug wire at
a time..but since there was no cap or rotor let alone wires...I am at a
loss. And since the cap did not label firing 1. So I am guessing that one is
equal to the coil wire that comes off of it, and goes around clockwise. Then
I am guessing that cylinder 1 is the back of the engine and moves forward.
Please let me know if I am correct or need to change.

Also, there was a wire connected to the coil which connects to the contact
spring next to the condensor contact. That wire..is that a standard coated
copper wire or some sort of fusable link. What is the gauge?

Thanks for your help,

Eric