Re: tune up questions..longish

To: Andy Webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tune up questions..longish
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 08:13:58 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> PS:.018" valve clearances? Is that a fairly lumpy
> camshaft?

Sounds like you got it right (no pun intended).  Ever
since I backed up over my Uni-Syn, I actually use my
index finger across the carb inlet and feel the drag
on it (SU's still on the MG, Sprite has been Weber'd).
 Works better than a tube for me.   Yes, my cam is a
bit lumpy, but with smaller mains and larger pump jets
(thanks Frank) on the 45 DCOE, it idles at just below
1000, and lets the engine breathe up past the limits
of the tach. Doesn't really start to charge until
2500+ RPM, though.  Always a trade-off.

=====
Ron Soave
"You Are What You Remember"