68 Sprite For Sale

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 68 Sprite For Sale
From: "The Stockdales" <mstockdale@mho.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:10:23 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Gentlemen and Ladies;

There comes a time when we must sell off our first car, the one we have
truly cherished.  That time has come for me.  In 1978 I was but 14 years old
and wanted a LBC.  The one I chose is a 1968 Sprite MK4.  Now I must relieve
my parents of this burden and get it out of their garage, I haven't live
there since 1982.

Here are the details:

1968 Sprite
Painted White (was originally a light yellow.)
Last run in 1981 stored indoors (garage not barn) ever since.
When running the engine was in good shape and performed well.
Tranny may need syncros in 3 and 4.
Top is tatty.
Has both full touneu and shorty.
Seat covers crafted like new but not installed
Bondo in both front fenders and hood.  not from crash, but to repair rust.
Chrome is slightly pitted.
Front disks need replaced.
Most smog equip. is gone.
Needs carpet set but original may do.
Electric's are Lucas (need I say more)
All light lenses are intact.
Sway bar not attached but is there.
Extra drivers door included.
Dash has some cracks in vinyl
Passenger door needs remounted.
Shocks need bled but springs appear fine.
Brakes and clutch need bled ( its been sitting for a while, on stands)

This is a western Pennsylvania car and as mentioned above has some rust.
The Foot wells are in good shape and so is the belly pan.  I have 3 manuals
for repair.

I do not know what it is worth today, I am asking $1000.00 USD, tell me if
I'm nuts, but that is the starting number.

The car is in Western PA, Pittsburgh suburb.  To make an appointment to see
it, call 412.655.2178.  To e-mail me direct its mstockdale@mho.net

Thanks Mitch