Re: SU HS2 Flooding, 1974 Midget 1275

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU HS2 Flooding, 1974 Midget 1275
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:49:13 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Richard --

Just the opposite of Frank's experience,  I had an on-going intermittent
problem with flooding in the HD-8 carbs on my Big Healey until I installed
the Grose-Jets.  That cured it permanently.  As I recall, there was some
directions given with the Grose-Jets that you had to install a certain
thickness of fiber washers (provided with the kit), depending on the
required float height, I think  (it has been a while).  Did you do that?

I have never had a flooding problem with my Midget, and it still has the
needles/seats.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain