Side view mirror problem follow up

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side view mirror problem follow up
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 21:16:16 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok...I took a look at the mirror items in te Moss and Vicki Brit catalogs,
and I'm a bit confused about what side view mirrors are suposed to be there.
It seems that the round mirrors were original, and the rectangular ones
(which I have) were aftermarket options.  Since they are afermarket, and of
unknown origin, I don't know if the catalogs are carrying replacements for
my mirror.  But to replace with an original Lucas style mirror, it would
seem that there should be a different set of drill holes.

Big question:  What sort of side mirror should be on the 1974 US Spec
Midget?  Logic would dictate that the original holes would be in place under
the aftermarket mirror plinth.  I'd like to know the truth before I start
fiddling around with the door skin.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget (looks like it has a bg zit on the left side)
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com
Bloomfield, NJ