Re: dual line brakes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dual line brakes
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 02:12:58 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,

We converted our bugeye to a 1967 dual MC.  Briefly we use the new MC and
peddle box assembly.  The newer unit is shorter and wider than the older
units.  However the new unit only needs an opening that is about 1/4 to 3/8
of an inch wider than what is already in the car.  What we did was make an
adapter plate (1/16" aluminum) that has the length of the original opening
(same length as the blank plate on the passenger side) and the width of the
newer unit.  Remove both MC and peddle assemblies. With a little playing
around you can figure out where the peddle box needs to be with respect to
the adapter plate.  With the two parts clamped together reach through the
peddle box opening and mark the adapter plate.  Cut this area out of the
adapter plate and drill holes to match those on the car for mounting the old
unit.  Put the adapter plate on the car and mark the car for the additional
opening and remove only that area.  You will need to drill some holes for
mounting the new peddle box, these will go through the adapter plate as well
as the foot well.  Make some cork gaskets to go between each of the parts and
put it all together.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor) in progress