Re: rear springs movement

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear springs movement
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 02:13:04 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,

Although we have never raced our Bugeye we have driven it over 170,000 miles.
 In the earlier years we drove a lot harder than we do now and have never had
any problems with the rear spring mounts.  The car has been spun a number of
times, intentionally an unintentionally, and we have gone through many a
corner side ways and even more on the edge of being side ways.  Rust would be
a bigger concern for this mounting location IOHO.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor) in progress