Re: finding the manifold crack

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: finding the manifold crack
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:46:51 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/8/99 4:11:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gottstein@erols.com writes:

<< Well, the only think that you might be missing is that I'm still pretty
 inexperienced at fixing these little guys, and I don't have enough $$$ to
 pay someone to do it for me.  From what I hear, replacing the manifold will
 require removing the carb and other components.  Fixing the crack will at
 least silence the loudness for a while until I get up the nerve to undertake
 the replacement. >>

In my experience, nothing will properly patch any part of an exhaust
system for long.  Do yourself a favor and fix it correctly.  You have loads
of help on this list and we'll talk you thru every step.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport