Re: Two Tone Midget

To: "Allen Hefner" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Two Tone Midget
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 19:25:28 -0500
Cc: <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Sorry Barney (and Allen I might have just answered on my own;-)  )
Several months ago I was talking on the cell while lost and smacked the
front end into the uranus of a Saturn. Bent the bonnet and the wings. A
couple of days later I saw the trim ring take a fly on the way to an SCCA
autocross. After a long wait (driving season ya know!!!!) I parked it.
Got a B loaned to me to drive from Dr. Doug whilst it was parked. Also -
finally - got the Artero licensed. Went from one banged up car to 3 in a
few weeks time.

Replacing the clutch was the result of wear in the moving parts of the
clutch system. It was so bad I bought a tranny last year as the synchros
were going and I was gonna swap one for the other so I could get the
daily driver back on the road quickly. Well as the clutch deteriorated It
chewed up the synchros in the tranny. Never rebuilt the tranny I bought
(from a list member), money situation went to hell back in March. Now the
tranny is in and it works like a charm. I will rebuild the other as a
spare and one day put it back in.

Really is different driving the Midget with a decent tranny that I can
shift without grinding the gears.

BTW the Artero will be for sale shortly - any interested parties out
there??

Larry

PS - Sorry Barney you are gonna get this twice. But Allen will get it 3
times!! - LOL

>In a message dated 11/8/99 5:10:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>barneymg@ntsource.com writes:
>
><< I'm sorry, Larry.  I may have missed something in a prior post.  Is
>this to
> imply that the "Straighten wings and bonnet" was a side effect of a
> condition requiring "replace clutch parts and tranny"? >>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Actually, "Straighten wings and bonnet" is a side affect of talking on a
>cell
>phone whilst simultaneously driving and being lost!  Now ask him when the
>last time was that he saw the headlight trim ring!
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>'77 Midget
>'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport