Re: Findin' the manifold crack

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Findin' the manifold crack
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 20:08:11 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Allen wrote:

>>>You have loads of help on this list and we'll talk you thru every
step.<<<

Since you mention it, what is exactly involved in removing the carbs?  I
have a minor exhaust leak for which I need to finish repairs, and the carb
removal seems like the challenging part.  Is it as simple as unbolting the
SUs from the intake manifold and supporting it without stressing the
throttle and choke cables?  And then putting a new gasket set against the
intakes when replacing it?  Are the intakes the only place where the carbs
attach to the engine?  Are there any tasks that should be done while the
carbs are detached?

Same thing with the exhaust manifold... Is it as simple as unbolting it,
replacing the gasket, and retourque-ing it?

One thing is sure, I don't want to attempt it without a "Busty" assistant.

Bon nuit,

Charles
'74 Midget
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com