Re: Remembrance day (no LBC)

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Remembrance day (no LBC)
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:32:41 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel,
     A very touching story to be cherished by your family.  My grandfather was
in
every major battle in France in WWI and was mustard gassed at one point.  His
throat was so burned from it. I never understood a word he said as a child.  He
died before I was a teen.
My father was in WW2 in the Navy on destroyers and was sunk twice.  I was in the
Air Force as a flight engineer on C-141 cargo jets from 1970 to 1996.  I was 4
years active and the rest in the Air Force Reserve.  I was involved in
everything
from Viet Nam to the Gulf War.  I have a deep appreciation for the sacrifices of
those that went before me and with me.  I hope the military lineage does not
extend to my son or at least he only serves in peace time.  I hope that is what
3
generations in my family went to serve for.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite