Motor Sport

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Motor Sport
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:00:36 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Please get the title of the magazine correct.  I might not agree with all
its comment, but having had the experience of reading monthly for some 30
years, I can attest to its sincerity, purpose, and consistency of opinion.
Anybody care to challenge Nuovalari!

Now there was a time when British car manufacturers would not give Motor
Sport a car to test - fearing the result!

There was also the story of DSJ phoning Lotus and asking for a Europa to
test.  Seems he wanted to cover the Targa Florio and thought driving the
Europa to Sicily and back a fair test. (True to his guns, Chapman said yes)

Those of you with back issues might want to check out Pierre's problem
(1960) - it concerns ladies, and the 'sporting' use of a Frogeye.

Cheers,
Martyn
The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')