Distributor clamp

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor clamp
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:28:03 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Good evening list:

I seem to have gotten the Midget in modestly good running order, but as I
mentoned a few days ago, I have had some difficulty in tightening the
distributor clamp.  After several socket/wrench/ratchet investments, I
finally torqued it all the way down.

And then I noticed that it broke.  Not the dizzy.  The clamp itself. It must
be bent somehow, because it is now all the way tightened, and the
distributor still rotates freely.  Any ideas short of buying a new clamp
assembly?  A new one isn't expensive, it jut looks like a nuisance to
install it.

At least I'm back on the road.

Regards,

Charles