Re: Distributor clamp

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor clamp
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:55:46 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> And then I noticed that it broke.  Not the dizzy.  The clamp itself.

Charles

They do not break but they do bend and get distorted. (I never saw a
broken one that is)
I do have spares and can mail you one if you need it.
To remove the clamp, pull out the dizzy, then on the clamp there are 2)
7/16" headed bolts, remove these. Look at the clamp, if it is not broke,
fit it around the base of the dizzy (out of the car) spread and/or
reshape the clamp to fit the dizzy. If you have a pipe or similar round
object the same diameter as the base of the dizzy, put the clamp around
it and reshape it with a hammer. Do not do this using a hammer on the
clamp around the dizzy or the dizzy case will break (now how do I know
this?)
Once you get the clamp back to it's original shape, install it loosely
on the engine, drop in the dizzy and twist the clamp by hand untill the
dizzy fits in all the way. then tighten the 2 bolts before you tighten
the clamp pinch bolt. The 2 bolt holes on the clamp are oblong just to
make it a PITA to install so leave them loose and make sure everything
fits before tightening them.
--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will