Re: The Wintry Midget

To: <Tomsjetta@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Wintry Midget
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:01:01 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Tom:
You can leave the trunk open without draining the battery by disconnecting
the purple and black wire from the switch located at the right side of the
trunk. That circuit is switched by the ground, so there is no risk of
anything shorting out with the disconnected wire left dangling there.  I
would put the top up, but I would latch it.  If you don't latch it now, you
won't be able to get it to latch if you should get a wild hair and decide
that you want to take a winter drive.  The full tank of fuel is a good idea
to keep moisture from rusting the inside of the fuel tank, but add a fuel
stabilizer so that you won't have to discard the fuel come spring.  I grew
up in Anchorage, Alaska, and my dad had MG's off and on as daily drivers.
Best bet to avoid all of the storage woes is to keep the snow shoveled from
in front of your garage, and take the car out on a clear day once a week.
Put a 50 lb bag of sand behind the seats and these LBC's handle great in the
snow.  I lived in the Sierra Mountains one winter.  I wish I would have
taken a picture of my little midget with my ski's on ski racks on the hard
top parked between Tahoes and Suburbans in front of the ski lodge, as it was
quite a sight (lots of suprised looks and smiles).
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon
http://personalweb.sunset.net/~davidr