Re: Heater switch?

To: wizardz <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: Re: Heater switch?
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:13:53 -0500
Cc: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, Amy <casoich@sgi.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
wizardz wrote:

> Use a pencil eraser as the abrasive to clean all electrical contacts.
> It's the equivalent of 3000 grit sandpaper and will leave a very bright shine
>on the metal
> and makes it very easy to get down in the switch to clean them.
> Just remember to clean out all the eraser shavings that rub off and

I find the some of the contacts are hard to reach with a pencil eraser.
You can get the eraser to the contacts, but you cannot really rub the
contact.  My solution for this is to take a brand new pencil and break it
off so that eraser side is about 4-5 inches long.  Then place the pencil in a
variable speed drill and you had a cleaning surface that spins like a champ.
You will have the contact clean in a heartbeat.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei