Rickie's lost Diamond mine SWAG Trip for Spring

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rickie's lost Diamond mine SWAG Trip for Spring
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:53:50 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Spridgeteer's of N. Calif.,

Since I couldn't get over the pass to join Crash in his rebuild-a-rama
of a 5 speed tranny, We went up to Lake county in search of the long
lost Diamond hill side of Mt. Konocti.  Well the good news is I found
Lake county all by myself.  Remember this is wrong way Rickie's talking
here.  I think I even found the right road.  It has been twenty
something years since I have been up that way.  I thought things would
change a little, trees bigger, less remote.  When I arrive at where I
believe the site was there were four house there in the middle of the
field.  Now a couple of things bother me, the Air strip is missing (a
KOA in it's place) and the walnut orchard is completely gone.  Now I can
understand the KOA in it spot, but where the orchard should have been I
would at least expect a over grown field or stumps something.  Maybe I
wasn't in the right spot after all.  I'll call the county office some
time this week.  I don't think they would let anyone build on a volcanic
steam vent would they?  I have seen them approve a house in a ten year
flood plain though.

Any ways this will make a great SWAG trip in the Spring.  Plenty of the
right things, curvy roads, high speed runs, shopping (for the women),  I
can even promise a couple of bathroom breaks.  Maybe we will call it
Rick Wild goose chase scavenge hunt.  First one who finds the Diamonds
wins.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby