List Wisdom:Brake Warning

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: List Wisdom:Brake Warning
From: "Terry Williams" <t.williams@mrg.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:57:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Greetings all..

For those who had a long weekend, hope it was great, and welcome back to
reality! Now, a question:

- while pursuing the cause of the dash warning light for the brake pressure
(center of the instrument cluster) being on consistantly, I discovered the
switch on the dash, isn't a switch at all. On my Bs, this check lamp rocks
slightly to illuminate. At what point did the Midget brake pressure failure
switch, switch from from the dash-mounted 'push-to-test', to a static
warning light? Or, is my switch kaputski?

- another question, the workshop manual wiring diagram refers to a
handbrake warning? Did the Midget have a switch on the handbrake, and where
was the warning lamp located?

I have become suspect of the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual, as they
don't seem to match the car(a '77). However, the diagram indicated for '78
seems to match? Hmmm..And all of this started with the preparation to see
why the right turn signal doesn't flash. 4 ways function - quietly? I
recall someone on the list recently traced the turn signal circuit? Help?

Thanks advance for the insight.

Cheers,

Terry