Privacy was Re: looking for a phone number

Subject: Privacy was Re: looking for a phone number
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:38:19 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow Listers,
The subject of privacy recently discussed on the Healey List. The views
expressed were mixed and I would suspect that will be the same on this list.

In any event, IMHO, I think that it should be up to the person whose contact
info is being sought, to provide that information. I do not think that
addresses, phone numbers and other personal info such as names of children, the
schools they attend, nor pending felony convictions should be broadcast
internationally on these lists.

If you do not agree with that point of view, at the very least, this information
should be sent in a private email to the person requesting it.

The subscribers that post daily, weekly or monthly, all seem like a fine bunch
(with the exception of their taste in cars) but nobody really knows the
subscribers that lurk.

Too cautious? Maybe, Maybe Not.

Jay Fishbein  North America (Exact Location Withheld)
Several Gasoline Powered Automobiles
Some May be British, Some May Not Be.

    Here's Dick's phone number:  (000) 000-0000