Re: Privacy was Re: looking for a phone number

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Privacy was Re: looking for a phone number
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:15:59 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If you are worried about being contacted from information revealed on this
list then you should not even give your name and general location. Unless
your number is unlisted all that's needed is your name and your geographic
location.

I got Dick's number from a marketing friend that subscribes to a service
that provides CD listing of all phone numbers in the U.S.A. He just did a
quick search and gave me the number. I think it's called "Phone Book USA" or
something like that. They have separate sets for 800, business, and private
numbers.

I could probably have found it through one of the free people locating sites
on the web. I have obtained the numbers of old Navy friends that I lost
contact with years ago by doing a search at one of these sites. You may have
to call multiple numbers before you find the "John Doe" that you are looking
for. I don't remember the URL but you can find one of the sites by searching
around on the web.

I could also have found it by calling 411 and paying $.95 but "We Tight".

There are even ways to obtain an unlisted number.

If the number is listed in the phone book I don't see the problem.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com
When they first invented the clock, how did they know what time it was to
set it to?