Re: spark timing question

To: trunkie@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: spark timing question
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:44:06 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Any mechanical advance distributor can have the advance curve changed and
there is a book on the subject 'How to build and power tune distributor type
ignition systems' (www.veloce.co.uk    - Speed Pro series.  But, don't expect
this book to explain much about contact breaker type electronic systems or
coils.

Probably you might get away with a Cooper S distributor.  Better still
contact Aldon Automotive in the UK (www. ?) and tell them the FULL SPEC of
the engine - they do about 3 specs and one will be ok.

Dyno time is mostly expensive anywhere but so is petrol going the exhaust
pipe and performance parts that don't deliver performance.  I have spent a
fair bit of money on the dyno over the years (even went twice this year) and
it is always money I consider represents good value for money.

Daniel1312 \0/

In a message dated 01/12/99 00:46:11 Pacific Standard Time,