Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#211084958: MG Midget/Sprite

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#211084958: MG Midget/Sprite 5speed Gearbox Conversion
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 17:08:56 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, dthompson@gbc.ca
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan Vandiver wrote:

> I had actually called XK's unlimited a few weeks back to inquire about their
> 5-speed conversion for the sprite. They are reselling it from 'Conversion
> Components" in New Zealand. The price they quoted me was ~$2100, and you still
> had to get your drive shaft modified. It really sounds like the Rivergate kit
>is
> a much better deal, and you only need the change the yoke on the drive shaft.

I have the Toyota 5 speeed kit, the same one as on Ebay. It came with my
A40.
I tried my best to install it in a Sprite, It will not fit unless you do
a lot of cutting. I had to cut the A40 trans tunnel for it to fit but it
works great.
My kit came from Australia and includes a Toyota/A series bellhousing.
I had to have a custom made driveshaft for this kit.
I think it was originally designed for a Morris Minor.
--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will