Re: Library Completed

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Library Completed
From: Frmjr45@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 21:41:34 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-12-01 09:11:28 EST, nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

<<
 Speaking of books.... I dimly recall an old Floyd Clymer Austin Healey
 repair manual (all models!). Germane to this thread is that in the back of
 it (as filler?) was a chapter of perhaps a reprinted article describing the
 assault on Sebring by Sprites in '59ish. The story included the race
 details as well as the trip to the race and back from Texas by the Sprites
 having been flown from England. It was a good story and one I haven't seen
 mentioned. Anyway, all of this is subject to correction as I no longer have
 that book, and my brain cells are showing evidence of intermittent failure.
    Frank and Paul, do you have this manual?
 Peter C. >>
      I have said book and have had it since 1964.  It was given to me by a
friend who had a '63 Sprite, when I had my '62 Midget.  When he sold the car,
he gave me the manual and some spare parts.  I just dug it out and the front
cover is barely legible, the spine held together with masking tape, greasy
fingerprints,  and some random burns from battery acid.   The title is -
Sprite and Midget Owners Handbook of Maintenance and Repair  with a special
section on increasing power and performance, by OCee Rich, copyright 1962, by
Floyd Clymer Publications
      It is fragile, but mostly legible inside.  I still do refer to it from
time to time, because it has actual photos as well as drawings of assemblies
Besides the Sebring story, there is a reprint of the drivers handbook that
was furnished with each Sprite II and Midget I .

Russ Mullaly
'62 Midget
Ellicott City, MD