Re: 1500 Midget

To: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget
From: Jim Algar <JamesA@hi-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:36:59 -0700
Cc: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Gerard,
California smog exemption was changed a while back to include 1973 and earlier
vehicles. But I don't remember anything about bringing that year forward at each
new year. I would double-check with the DMV before I would start tearing up the
smog system. But Chuck's word about the smog pump is correct; I ran my '69
Sprite for many years with an empty pump (of course, since it's now exempt, the
pump was tossed over the back fence some time ago.) Just make sure the check
valve in the system is working so exhaust gasses don't come back through the
pump.

Regards,
Jim Algar