Re: Tire help

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Tire help
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:30:19 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/13/99 4:25:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< On my Sprite Mk. II, I originally mounted 165's and had a problem with
 them rubbing in the rear. That was more than 6 years ago, so maybe I did
 something wrong. But I am always amazed when owners claim that they fit
 even larger sizes in those square wheel well. >>

Jay,

I bought Cooper Sport GLT 165/70TR 13 tires for my '77 Midget and have
had no rubbing.  These are on standard Rostyle wheels.  I assume the
TR means they are T-rated for speed, which is 118 MPH.  (In my dreams!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport