Big end bearings, was RE: Manifold for a Fish Carb?

To: "Robert Weeks" <lists@woozy.com>
Subject: Big end bearings, was RE: Manifold for a Fish Carb?
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:21:39 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I agree, Robert.

Anyway, the little man with the hammer tapping away in the bottom of
my engine is getting more persistent. Even my ace local mechanic
(Neil Estes) finally agrees that there is some clearance slop. He's
so backed up though, that I need a quick fix until I can go carless
for a the time that a rebuild will take. I seem to recall that you
replaced your big end bearings in situ. True? If so, did you just
drop the pan, unbolt the bearings, read their stamped size, and buy
new? Were there any tricks?

TIA,

Jeff

Thanks.

At 10:24 AM -0500 12/15/99, Robert Weeks wrote:
>When is this pointless ebay thread going to end??
>
>I started a song about ebay to which there were maybe 5 posts, tops, and
>people started freaking out about me starting that. Well, how about this
>neverending, pointless, frigging, Fish Carb, what I'd bid, and how I'd bid
>it, and what everyone has to say about that, ebay thread. That's all that
>gets discussed on this list any more.
>
>Why not just rename the list the "What everyone here thinks about every
>bloody aspect of ebay list"
>
>Jeeze,
>
>Robert

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD