fish story?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: fish story?
From: derfman <derfman@eatel.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:46:46 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
What's a fish carb?  I have a single SU carb/manifold for an A-series.
BUT, It apperars to be a 30 degree carb setup.  For this reason I will
not be using it.  If it will work with your fishy carb, trade me
something for it.  It has a single 1.25"(I think) SU on it.  Anyone else
on the list in need of such a thing email me off list.  I like cash but,
I'm more of a trader.  I traded something for it but I neglected to ask
if it was a 20 degree setup.  BTW, I'm still looking for a HIF6 or HIF44
and a DGV with manual choke.  And I can get a new HIF44 for less than
$200.  So, I don't want to spend more than $50 to $75 for a good usable
unit.

Off topic, the ebayers who wait till the last minute are called (I
thought) snipers.  I quickly learned the technique after being a victim
more than once.  I don't whine about it, though.  If I recognize a
"lister" bidding I will probably back off out of courtesy.  I posted a
message to this list about a turbo setup on ebay and got replies like
"Hey! that's mine." or "SHHH! I'm gonna bid on that".   When I am able
to bid at the last minute, I do.  Sometimes I "win", sometimes I don't.
No whining from me.  I always know what I want to spend on an item and
bid accordingly.

It's the people who want to pay less than the value of an item who whine
about being out bid!

Otherwise they would agree the "winner" of the auction payed too much.

 If you need something, post a message here before you go bid.  If you
see me bidding, feel free to out bid me.  On ebay I'm -derf- .  And, if
you see me selling be sure to bid(and pay, of course).

I think I'll go bid on Frank's Sprite to jack up the price a little.
(Just kidding)  It looks nice, Frank.  Come down to Louisiana and spend
some time with my Midget.  I've beer in the fridge and can get more.

Cheers,
Derf

If you don't like a thread (or that term), start a more interesting
one!  Also, try the digest version.